About the Seniors Association
Seniors Association Kingston Region is a not-for-profit, charitable organization specializing in recreation and leisure activities for today’s active, older adults. The Association was established in 1976 and has become the focal point for seniors in the community through its facilities, its monthly publication Vista, its website and its extensive list of activities.
The mission statement of Seniors Association Kingston Region is “Enhancing the quality of life for seniors throughout our community.” The following pillars keep us on target:
- To Provide opportunities for socialization
- To Provide Physical activities
- To Provide programs for Mental Stimulation
- To Provide Healthy Nutritious food
In 2001, the Association opened The Seniors Centre at 56 Francis Street, through a joint venture with the City of Kingston. The former Portsmouth Public School has been transformed into a welcoming and vibrant community centre for older adults.
To bring programs closer to our members and to accommodate the unprecedented growth in membership, the Association has opened two satellite locations in recent years:
- Seniors Centre West, located within the Boys & Girls Club at the Frontenac Mall;
- Seniors Centre North, located in the Rideau Heights Community Centre.
In 2021, the Seniors Association looks forward to expanding once again with Seniors Centre East in the City of Kingston’s new community centre near LaSalle High School.
The Seniors Association truly has something for everyone. Come join us . . . for the time of your life!
Enhancing the quality of life for seniors throughout our community
To touch the lives of the majority of seniors within our community.
- Respect & dignity for all
- Openness, transparency & honesty
- Caring & service
- Fiscal responsibility