The Seniors Association Kingston Region has been growing and evolving thanks to its volunteers since 1976. The past and present work of thousands of men and women, including the current 700 active volunteers, has kept our organization vibrant and dynamic.
Many of our volunteers are seniors themselves who help to create an Association that they want to be a part of. They happily share their talents and experience working with the staff on committees, leading programs, and helping The Centre provide services to their fellow members and seniors in the community.
A number of volunteers enjoyed rich careers and they readily accept a variety of leadership roles that allow them to contribute their professional skills and expertise. Others challenge themselves by trying something new. The Seniors Association works to accommodate the skills, interests, and availability of those who are willing to help keep the organization thriving.
New & Ongoing Needs
- Ambassadors needed at Play! Gaming & Entertainment to help raise funds for the Seniors Association. Two hour shifts only, no handling of cash, and all training provided.
- Food Services
– Café server needed on Friday mornings from April to October.
– Café volunteers needed to prepare breakfast sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches weekdays.
– Hatters Cove dishwashers needed on Mondays, Wednesdays &/or Fridays.
- Crafters needed on Wednesday mornings to transform donated materials into beautiful knit and crochet items for our gift shop.
- Exercise Instructors needed to lead various levels of exercise classes for seniors at any of our Seniors Centre locations. Full training provided, including certification in First Aid & CPR. Help our members to get fit and stay active.
- Program Instructors/Leaders
Would you like to teach a program? Do you have a passion for a hobby? A special skill? It could be in sports, languages, or the arts. Would you be willing to share it with others? Contact Jean today to discuss your interests.